2 pounds of skinless boneless chicken breast
1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro — leaves only
2 tablespoons of fresh garlic cloves
1 teaspoon of curry powder — Madras yellow curry
1 Thai chili pepper — fresh, if in season
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of fish sauce
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
24 bamboo skewer sticks
1) Cut chicken breast into consistent 1-inch cubes.
2) Put all ingredients into food processor and turn into a paste. If you do not have a food processor, you can finely mince the garlic and cilantro by hand.
3) Note: Thai chilis may be deseeded if you prefer less spicy.
4) Marinate chicken in paste for a minimum of 30 minutes.
5) Soak skewer sticks under cold water for a minimum of five minutes.
6) Skewer chicken uniformly — the pieces should barely touch.
7) Season with salt & pepper.
8) Oil grill or pan using spray oil or brush
9) Put on the grill — approximately three minutes per side.
For big parties, you can bake ahead of time (up to three days early) and bring out to grill on game day. Bake skewers at 350 degrees for five minutes. Refrigerate up to three days. On game day, bring to room temperature, season with salt & pepper and put on the grill — no more than two minutes per side.